Friday, October 30, 2009

Gideon, President Obama, NFIB

I saw a well dressed man near the Washington Monument and wondered what his lapel pin meant. It was a Gideon lapel pin, as in those Gideon Bibles found in hotel room drawers. He had just given a Bible to President Obama.
How did you get to visit the White House?  I asked.
"I own a small business near Pittsburgh and won the National Federation of Independent Businesses (NFIB) Man of the Year Award and they called on me for this." he said.
So we had a nice chat about President Obama and how God is in charge and that all good things that happen to us are because of grace, not necessarily virtue. It was a short ride, he gave me quite a generous tip. So I called him back over and we prayed. "Thanks God, keep us safe, direct our thinking and use us for your highest good." Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment