Saturday, October 3, 2009

National Pedicabbing in Washington, DC

So here now I start to type the reflections on many days as an observer and sometimes lucky enough to be a participant in the events in and around Washington, D.C. I have long called myself a Permanent Tourist in Washington.

And I have been pedicabbing - driving bicycle-powered rickshaws called pedicabs rented from National Pedicabs since mid-July. I've lost 30 pounds, gotten what Doonesbury might call a "competitive tan" and made a few thousand dollars.

I am exhausted but loving it. I am in much beter shaape than I have been in quite a while. It's like geting paid to work out. And I love tourists and love Washington DC. One nice lady from Pittsburgh today said it was like a spinning class all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment